Saturday, August 8, 2009

Website Help?

Hi I%26#039;ve been trying to make my own website which I was successful but dang it doesn%26#039;t look very pretty or eye catching. One problem that I%26#039;ve come across is SEO and I%26#039;ve heard that Google does not recognize my website because of the amount of 閳?20閳?in the URL address for my pages. For example:



example.com/CAD%20Drafting%20FAQS.htm



I don閳ユ獩 know how or why but how do I get rid of %20 out of my URL? I used MS FrontPage 2000 to make my website if that makes a difference.



Also my web hosting server is coming up for renewal and I want to change hosting servers. What are some good criteria to use to choose a good provider for the dollar?



I appreciate your help and suggestions. Thank you.



Website Help?





%20 is used to replace a space in the file name. Your file is named %26quot;CAD Drafting FAQS.htm%26quot; so in an URL it appears as %26quot;CAD%20Drafting%20FAQS.htm%26quot;. You could use underscores (_) instead of spaces. They are much prettier in an URL and I%26#039;m pretty sure they are OK with SEO. So rename your file to %26quot;CAD_Drafting_FAQS.htm%26quot; and the URL will become %26quot;example.com/CAD_Drafting_FAQS.htm%26quot;



Website Help?



A %20 is a space. Use underscores or remove the spaces all together.



A good hosting server is going to depend on what you want out of it. Does it need FrontPage extensions, .NET, PHP, etc.



Other Replys:i wudv helped u afew yrs ago cuz i was mad about making my site which i had for 6 years! and i learnt loadza stuff. now i%26#039;ve got kids and my brain is mush. but im pretty sure the % sign is there because you have a space between words. try using underscore or the hyphen between words.



Other Replys:reset ur internet conection by unpluging the black cord from the box of highlight over the 20% and press delete hope this hlps pls add me thanks



Other Replys:The %20 is added automatically when you leave a blank space between the words.



Instead of naming your page cad drafting.html, name it cad_drafting.html or cad-drafting.html. Use underscores or hyphens instead of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment