Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How can I find my old Geocities website contents?

My first home page ever was hosted on Geocities. It was placed in /SiliconValley subdirectory for sure, created sometimes in year 1997 maybe 1998. I know that it is surely deleted from any storages, but maybe I can manage to find some %26quot;snippets%26quot; of my page in search engine indexes. I%26#039;ve already tried archive.org, however I don%26#039;t remember exactly the URL of my very first page :-) It was something like http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/#...



I know that this is a very difficult quest... but maybe I%26#039;ll find something that will remember me my %26quot;first contact%26quot; with the Web. (Maybe some backlink, old directory listing, ...)



Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.



How can I find my old Geocities website contents?





Did you try the internet archive wayback machine?



archive.org



How can I find my old Geocities website contents?



This is not the best answer for sure ;-) Because I%26#039;ve already mentioned that %26quot;I%26#039;ve already tried archive.org%26quot; in my question posting. Report It



Other Replys:If you remember your YahooID then try this:



http://www.geocities.com/YourYahooID

No comments:

Post a Comment