Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Can't run .aspx pages?

Here is the scenario. A website developer has dumped a file with a (.filename) on into our host server. The site pages have a (.aspx) extension. I tried opening these pages using firefox and explorer - (using the following URL http//domain name/file name/document name.aspx) I get an error message. Any clue as to how I can get the pages to run? I have extremely limited knowledge of web development so please make it simple. Do I need to write a code somewhere to make it run? if so where?



Can%26#039;t run .aspx pages?





An aspx page uses ASP.NET so you will need to install the .net framework on your server and register it with IIS. This is all of course assuming you are running a Windows server. If you are running Linux you are out of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment