Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"500 Internal Error"?

I host my web site at atspace.com, which is free and bannerless, (no ads), but recently when I try to visit my site, instead of my index page I get a page that says %26quot;500 Internal Error%26quot;. What does that mean? What causes it and most importantly, how do I correct it? Is something wrong with my computer, or does everyone who tries to visit my site get the same error message? I%26#039;ve never use a free host before, but if this is typical of their service I%26#039;d just as soon pay for a reliable host. Can anybody answer my question? Thanks.



%26quot;500 Internal Error%26quot;?





This link seems to explain the error.



You may want to contact your web host company for support.



%26quot;500 Internal Error%26quot;?



500 is the generic error.



Usually, it happens when you%26#039;re using some sort of CGI or script, and the script has some sort of error (syntax, etc.). It can also happen with a mis-configured webserver.



The first thing to do would be to check the error logs for the web server. But since you%26#039;re using a free host, I doubt you%26#039;ve access to them.



Basicly, contact the people that administer the server and ask what%26#039;s up. They may be able to help.



If you changed anything recently, you might want to change it back, just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment