Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How do I configure my port forwarding in my DSL router to access a device on my LAN which acts as a

The device is a tiny security cam which plugs into the LAN and has a mini webserver on it. I have dynamic dns from my ISP but can use a name from www.dyndns.com to get a free host name which directs to my device. However, every time I try to access that device externally from the web, I get my routers config page and not the device?? I have a D-Link DSL-302G router if that makes a difference? the router is at 10.1.1.1 and the device is 10.1.1.18....?



How do I configure my port forwarding in my DSL router to access a device on my LAN which acts as a webserver?





On your router, you need to forward port 80 to the device.



Locate the port forwarding menu option and forward external port TCP port 80 to port 80 on your device 10.1.1.18.



It may help to disable the option to edit your router config externally. As it stands now, anyone who goes to your address will be able to mess with your router config!



How do I configure my port forwarding in my DSL router to access a device on my LAN which acts as a webserver?



In addition to the first answer, if you want to access your router config page externally after forwarding port 80 you%26#039;ll need to move the config access to a different port.



You did, of course, remember to change the admin password didn%26#039;t you?



Other Replys:It%26#039;s quite possible the Remote Access settings are overriding your port forwarding. They both could be set to 80 (which your RA definately sounds to be)



You should be able to either change the port RA uses or shut it off and still be able to access it locally.



It%26#039;s possible you already have the port forwarding section setup properly. Just need to take care of RA



Other Replys:Make sure the web server at 10.1.1.18 is configured as a static IP address so it stays the same after reboots and over time.



Other Replys:Your router may already be using port 80 by default. You might need to change the port number on your router (usually people change it to port 8080). That way, port 80 would be free for you to use on your security cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment