Monday, August 3, 2009

My website favicon does not show in my browser?

I%26#039;m using IE7.



My website is about 3 days old and I%26#039;m still under 90days free hosting for my domain name so I dont know if that could have something to do with it. I may have to get the premium hosting.



I%26#039;ve used the favicon-validator from the favicon-from-pics website and it says everything is fine but I still can%26#039;t see my favicon.



I%26#039;ve added the page to my favorites, reloaded my browser, optimised the favicon.... everything I was told to do I did basically. It%26#039;s starting to piss me off now because I can see favicons from all the other sites even without bookmarking and I can%26#039;t see mine. I don%26#039;t understand.



I want to pursue a career in web-design but a simple problem like this makes me think all the courses I did and I%26#039;m being shown up by a 16x16 .ico file. Anyway enough rambling.



This is the bit of code from my html doc



%26lt;link rel=%26quot;shortcut icon%26quot; href=%26quot;http://www.zcre-enterprises.info/f... %26gt;



website address



http://www.zcre-enterprises.info



My website favicon does not show in my browser?





Well it works on IE 6.



I can see a Z.



Go look at your favorites.



My website favicon does not show in my browser?



Interestingly, it also shows in Firefox but not IE7, so must be some setting in IE.



Other Replys:Hey bro,,, all you need to do is make an icon with, something like Easy Icon Maker and call it favico.ico, thats all i did and uploaded it to my root directory and it worked check it out,



www.posbdaproductions.com



a.cole@posbdaproductions.com

No comments:

Post a Comment