Saturday, August 8, 2009

How do I design a fully functional site. What software should I use? I want menus and multiple pages

I already have my own domain name. and a good size web hosting package to work with. I now need help figuring out the development part. I have tried Joomla, but afer a while it just begins to confuse me. (should I give joomla another try?) What about frontpage? If could help me I would highly appreciate it.



thanks



How do I design a fully functional site. What software should I use? I want menus and multiple pages.?





If you are willing to spend the time to learn, then I would recommend Adobe Fireworks or Photoshop to design (although Fireworks is easier and tailored more for web), and Dreamweaver for the development side.



Otherwise, you can always purchase a pre-designed and coded website from www.templatemonster.com and then use the software programs to edit artwork and customize your content.



How do I design a fully functional site. What software should I use? I want menus and multiple pages.?



The first step is to decide what you want from your site. If you don%26#039;t know what you want from your site, you%26#039;re going no where.



Joomla is a content management system. It helps you create dynamic sites (i.e. who%26#039;s content comes from a DataSource).



Front Page is an HTML editor with a notorious reputation. The reason for that is because it produces HTML that does not adheres to web standards.



Hence my answer is first figure out what do you want from your site. This is the first step that will help you decide where to go next.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment