Saturday, August 8, 2009

I can't connect to the internet with my laptop what should I do?

I have a Gateway laptop and it%26#039;s a little over a year old. From the time I got it until about last Wednesday I had absolutely no problem using it to connect to the internet. Last Wednesday however, it suddenly stopped connecting to the internet, it still connects to any network I am near, but when it does it just gives the message server could not be found and will not load any web pages. I ran all the diagnostic tests with ping that I knew and everything came back fine, except that my computer couldn%26#039;t connect to it%26#039;s host, which since I am connecting wirelessly, is itself. That told me that there must have been something wrong with my computer internally, so I purchased a wireless and thus, external adapter card and attempted to use it to connect to the internet, but it too could not find the internet, even though it connected to the network. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next to fix the problem, or even another suggesstion for what the problem might be? thanks.



I can%26#039;t connect to the internet with my laptop what should I do?





here are a couple of things you can try. open IE-click tools up top-click internet options-then connections-LAN settings-if the box that says auto detect settings is checked then uncheck it. now try. if that box was unchecked then check it. now try.



if that doesnt work. after you connect to a wireless connection. click start-run-type this cmd-then hit enter-now type ipconfig /release-hit enter- now type ipconfig /renew- hit enter- now type ipconfig /flushdns-hit enter-now type ipconfig /registerdns-hit enter- now try to get online again.



if that doesnt work let me know. good luck



I can%26#039;t connect to the internet with my laptop what should I do?



Check your permissions to access the internet.



Other Replys:I would suggest finding your own internet service provider if you are tryin to steal someone elses access!

No comments:

Post a Comment