Saturday, August 8, 2009

A question about IIS 6.0 and posting multiple webpages.?

I have 03 Windows Server setup with IIS 6.0, and I can%26#039;t figure out why I can%26#039;t publish multiple websites correctly. Right now, all three of my websites files are published on the web server, however when I try to go to one of the sites in a browser, I can%26#039;t get it to pull up right. It will just go to the the first website I published. I have all 3 of the websites posted in the websites folder in IIS, and have virtual directories for two sites in the default web page folder. When I look in the inetpub/www folder, I only have the webfiles for my first site that does not have a virtual directory. Do I need to somehow get all of the 3 sites webfiles in this inetpub/www folder? I have all the websites pointed at the same ip, and host names are set for each of them. The DNS is set up correctly with the domain registrar. When I try to put all of the 3 sites webfiles in the inetpub/www folder manually, only one site will pull up in the browser do to conflict. What should I do here?



A question about IIS 6.0 and posting multiple webpages.?





Since all of the websites you have published point to the same IP address and the same port number, you have to differentiate them somehow. You do that by DNS. In the properties of your websites under %26quot;Web Site Identification%26quot;, click Advanced. In there, edit the website identity that is listed, or create a new one. Either way it doesn%26#039;t matter. You need to add a Host Header Name, which is the DNS name of whatever website you are editing.



Your first website would look like this:



(example)



IP Address: 192.168.2.238



Port Number: 80



Host Header Name: www.testing1.com



Your next website would be:



IP Address: 192.168.2.238



Port Number: 80



Host Header Name: www.testing2.com



And so forth....

No comments:

Post a Comment