Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bob, will we be eating our words??????

Please read below:



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...



My question is: After reading news on the Capitals website, I came across a very common story of a toy charity drive hosted by the Capitals. They had raised a whopping $1983 for the charity, Toys for Tots. One fan brought a $1,000 check. So really they only raised $983 in toys.



http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...



To me that seems pretty appalling. I mean where the heck were people in DC on that day? If I were working for the Capitals, I would almost not even post a final tally story about it on their website. Do you think that feature should have been swept under the rug? Is it worth space on the 閳ユ笜ews閳?portion of their web page? Or am I a jerk for saying a story about dejected charity drive should not be publicized?



Hey, at least I%26#039;m not asking about the Winter Classic.



Bob, will we be eating our words??????





That is pathetic (the toys). Also, I am not going to stick to this statement-



%26quot;I%26#039;ll tell you what, if they beat Ottawa again tomorrow, I%26#039;ll sway a little and say they have atleast a chance in hell. If they don%26#039;t, you admit it is not to be.%26quot;



It was made under the influence of alcohol. Oh, what the hell. The Caps have a chance in hell. Even if I don%26#039;t believe it to be true.



It is more likely they will be drafting in the top 3 or 4 next year than playing in the post-season.



Oops, I mean they have a chance in hell.



Bob, will we be eating our words??????



Capitals fans tend not to go to Buffalo games because of the obnoxious Sabres bandwagon that shows up in full force. Sabres fans had no problem taking the Capitals give-aways, but I sure as hell didn%26#039;t see any of them contribute at the door! Report It



Other Replys:Do you honestly think the players didn%26#039;t contribute? Do you have any idea how much charity work they%26#039;re involved with? Cram it with walnuts, you catty beeotch!! Report It



Other Replys:I think the Sens%26#039; problem is that they%26#039;re too cocky when playing against the low seeded teams. I was in the arena in the first game of that regular season series and they were extremely cocky. They took a penalty or two in the first period (no score) and they were going for the short-handed goal instead of dumping it in and changing. It wasn%26#039;t like they needed the goals or anything, they just wanted to get the goals because they were 13-2 at the time and thought they could do it. Well, they COULD, but realistically, they won%26#039;t.



Other Replys:haha see what i mean? 26 goals in 4 games. in reguads to the drive what do you expect? not many people go to caps games(sadly) and the word about the drive could have been better. Still that was on a day when the sabres were in town and there were more fans in the seats. You%26#039;d think they%26#039;d participate. is not that hard to bring a toy to the game. The thing is the type of toys people brought, if they were cheap then they brought a lot of toys. Its not the money its the toys for the kids in this area



Other Replys:yes i do agree to how the senators are way to comfortable when there is no competition there.



Other Replys:My rebuttle is....Why didnt the players themselves add to the total? I mean, come on. $100 a player, 20 roster members, 2 scratches...$2200 more. Weird!



Other Replys:It%26#039;s been a tradition in Cincinnati for years, even with 2 teams. We%26#039;ve done better than that with just the AA team alone! PATHETIC



Cyclones forever



Capitals never



Other Replys:I am not joking when I say this...



My men%26#039;s league team raised more than that for Toys for Tots than the Washington Capitals did.



Tartar Nips: (I could type and retype that all day!) I think you were being too easy on them. I had the same basic idea but was thinking more along the lines of $1K each, the club matches it and they close in on $50K? Heck, they probably could have broken $2K just by passing a hat around the locker room.

No comments:

Post a Comment