Saturday, August 8, 2009

Design my own site?

I am starting my own business online selling only one product. My website will consist of 3 simple pages, a shopping cart, and a free membership area.



I am computer literate, and have decent experience using microsoft frontpage to build web pages.



The only thing I don%26#039;t know how to do is integrate my website%26#039;s template (one with a cart and membership area) to a program like frontpage. And I am not too keen on how to put the site on my host (but I am sure they could help me with that?)



The guy I hired to do this is an @$$hole who is taking forever, and everyone else wants thousands of dollars to do it.



Would it be possible for someone like me to build the site on my own? Or would I just be wasting my time?



Any tips?



Design my own site?





thousands of dollars???? where are you looking.



it wouldnt be that hard at all...



the best thing for you to do is to find a host that supports MySQL and PHP, and install osCommerce.



there are plenty of tutorials on osCommerce and it%26#039;s very user friendly.



Design my own site?



shopping carts and member areas require lots of coding and do cost a lot. Depending on what you wants exactly they can be very time consumming. You can use MySQL and PHP, but there also programs you can use.



I know CoffeeCup if working on a shopping cart program, but I do not know when it will be released.



Or there is one called Mal%26#039;s Ecommerce http://www.mals-e.com/home.php



Other Replys:I can make you a site and you can forward your



domain to the site address.



It will be in Google as your domain.



Visit me online



Other Replys:I would definitely suggest starting with a hosting provider with PHP/MySQL. Most hosting providers pre-install or have methods of installing open source (free) e-commerce solutions.



Here are a few PHP solutions:



- ZenCart



- osCommerce



- Magento



ZenCart and osCommerce both work on PHP 4 (I%26#039;ve seen them run on PHP 5 but can%26#039;t guarantee any compatibility).



Magento is written with the Zend Framework and will require your server have PHP 5.2.0+ installed as well as some additional extensions enabled, see the Magento system requirements page for details.



These carts can double as your website and can help you create pages of contents, not just products, to communicate with your customers.



Good luck!



Other Replys:Try 3DCART:



http://www.3dcart.com/?c=1%26amp;kw=ecommerce%...



They will host the site and give you the ability to build your own site that will integrate with payment processing providers and couriers.



They also have demos on their site.



Other Replys:Hello,



Try http://www.awesomeflashsites.com



Here you can create and maintain your shopping cart and can accept payments through paypal very easily.



Most importantly, u have no need to depend on anyone ever. This is a Do It Yourself tool and no technical skills needed. Easy to Create your professional website and easy to maintain it.



Hope my answer helps.



All the Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment