Monday, August 3, 2009

Help with Javascript animation not running after uploading...?

I have a simple website for a classroom assignment that I have completed which runs a quick animation when the page is opened (moving text into position on the page). The code works great on my local machine but once I upload it to the web, the animation ceases to run at all. I%26#039;m using tripod as my hosting site. Any help would be appreciated.



Thanks!



Help with Javascript animation not running after uploading...?





There could be a lot of reasons, since you didn%26#039;t post the web link, it%26#039;s hard to tell, a few wild guess



1. you develop the code in IE but after posting, use other browser like firefox which might not compatible



2. you%26#039;re using aminated gif, which is definitely not working in firefox, IE only



3. you tripod account might have added some code in while you upload it, causing it to malfunction e.g. some host will add a javascript section for internal use, and detect the ending body tag. If you happen to have javascript within head tags that generate a popup with body tags, it will mess up your code there.

No comments:

Post a Comment